I usually do not make New Year resolutions. However this year I wanted to do things a bit differently and spent some thought on what I would try to follow as my driving resolutions for the year. Here they are:
- To follow rules of the road & maintain speed limits
- To use indicators while changing lanes always
- To check all directions before turning /changing lanes
- To allow every “horny” and “flashy” driver behind to pass me when safe to do so
- To not take it personally when cut off by rude drivers/bikers etc.
- To drive defensively by staying alert, calm and composed on the road
- To use the horn only when absolutely necessary ( reducing this has reduced my stress and made me a more careful driver)
- To stretch every drop of fuel as much as possible – for our future generations
- To limiting taking off from signals to once in a long while
- To take public transport/company bus whenerver possible
Wish you all a great New Year and years to come – filled with the best of affordable vehicles, good roads, well behaved traffic and low fuel prices !
It sounds too good to be true – but just takes one person at a time to follow the rules and make the roads better – that one person is you ! What are your new year resolutions ? Please let us know through comments.