Were the Swift and Fabia – separated at birth or whatever back of envelope drawing that first conceived their deisgn ? I have always felt there are way too many similarities in the design of the Swift and the Fabia. Have not had a chance to drive the Fabia but got a chance to park next to one and sneak a few photos off my mobile :-).
(Please click on the thumbnails for larger versions)
- Overall silhouette with tapering roof
- Glass house area tapering towards C-pillar
- Blacked out A pillar
- Bonnet line joining base of A pillar
- Other than the front grilles the bonnet outline is very similar
- The Fabia is narrower by a little bit but longer than the Swift resulting in a longer rear door that doesnt taper as much.
- The Swift is a bit taller and wider while the Fabia seems lower and flatter.
- The Swift has better curves 😉
- Headlamps, Grille, fog lamps are the key differences up front.
- The rear is different enough – the Swift shows its width with a portly rear.
Related External Link: Also A bit dated comparison between the Getz, Swift and Fabia by BS Motoring.com.
Question: Are there other cars on the road that you think have such visual similarities ? Do let me know. I will do a series of such posts.