If you are a cab/tourist travel /call taxi operator, these are your most favourite vehicles of business:
Call Taxi Favourites:
- Maruti Suzuki Omni (esp the LPG version)
- Tata Indica (Indicab version)
- Hindustan Ambassador
Travels/ Tourist Favourites:
- Tata Indica (Indica DLS with A/c)
- Tata Indigo/ Indigo XL
- Tata Sumo
- Chevrolet Optra
- Chevrolet Tavera
- Ford Ikon 1.8D & Flair
- Hindustan Ambassador (with A/C)
- ICML Sonalika Rhino
- Toyota Qualis
- Toyota Innova
Possible Future Cabbie Options:
- Indica/ Indigo Vista (New lowest end trim just released for the Vista)
- Hyundai Santro (New Cabbie edition is out)
- Mahindra Xylo
- Tata Sumo Grande
- Maruti D’Zire
**Sad part is even if you buy them in any other color people see them as cabbie vehicles :-).
If you buy the above listed vehicles in white you have to get the following “Must Have” accessories as well:
- Annoyingly Loud Horns
- Blazingly Bright Headlamps and controls to use both horn and light with just a press of the horn to flash the lights non stop and keep honking non stop
- Terry Towel Seat Covers
- More Horse Power than Driver IQ ratio
- Stereo music system with more watts & bass than required
- Pointless stickers or either the puppy peeping from under the sheet, row of dogs walking, cricket ball breaking window, keychain hanging from keyhole,Ferrari or other exotic car name/logo stickers, NOS, Sports, Racing, Rally etc.
You are eligible to drive a vehicle with the above specifications only if you meet the following must have “Driver Attributes”:
- Cro-magnon/Neanderthal intelligence (maximum IQ has to be atleast 20 less than vehicle Horse Power) & features
- Cat like reflexes – to keep twitching between lanes
- Bat like vision – to see atleast some things/vehicles on the road
- Must not be able to hear other road users expletives. Otherwise hearing should be fine.
- Rhinoceros Spec Skin (to ignore all the curses of all other vehicles). Buffalo spec skin is too thin.
- Must know how to operate cell phone to keep asking cab company for directions
- Must know how to navigate vehicle without using brakes but with only horn, lights and accelerator
- For high end tourist/travels must be fluent in native language and butler style english if foreign customers are to be served.
- Be able to sleep and drive. (Work all day/night and sleep whenever a few minutes are free)
- Be a good runner, to out run mobs on foot after sleep and drive accidents
Any essential points missed out ? Do let me know.
PS: The car in the photo up top is an Indica Vista EV. It has not yet been launched – but when it is launched am sure it will be done with an Indicab trim as well.